Travelling in your own backyard

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Travail a la Maison

As I was doing the dishes AGAIN today I was pondering the exact qualities of travelling that I love and I realized that one of my favorite things about travelling is that when you travel you do not clean! You do not worry about the state of the laundry or the dishes. You do not have to clean the bathtub or dust or vacum and heck you don't even have to make your bed. When travelling you declare a boycott on cleaning for a few days in order to go explore the unknown.

So tomorrow I am declaring my own cleaning boycott. The laundry can pile up (that's what happens when I'm on vacation anyways!) and for one day I am going to boycott all those normal housey tasks and enjoy the small portion of freedom that affords me outside these four walls. Maybe if I'm lucky one of those hotel maids will come by with her cart and set out clean towels, small soaps, and make my bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home